Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DIY Earring Frame

DIY Earring Frame

I have had my earring holder like this for a couple years, and just made one for a friend. It's great for displaying your earrings and finding the pair you want fast.

Here is what you need:
-shadow box or other deep frame
-wire, 20 gauge or something similar
-4 buttons
-wire cutter
-drill with small bit


Start with your shadow box frame. Remove glass and matting.

2. Drill 2 small holes on each side. I spaced these about 2 inches apart.


3. Loop the wire in one side and the other, through two button holes, and back again.



4. Secure the wire onto the second button by twisting it many times. Clip the wire and bend so it does not stick out. You may want to also twist the buttons so the wire going across is twisted and is more taut.

5. That's it. Hang your earrings.



1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I think I will post it on my pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete