Monday, November 28, 2011

T-Shirt Tie: A Five Minute Project



I love the instant gratification of this project, and the results are pretty sweet, too. I have seen these online and at craft shows and had to give them a shot. I made one for our almost-two year old, and a baby onesie to match. If our new little nugget is a girl, then I already have a gift made for a baby boy.

Here's what you need:
-plain shirt or onesie
-onesie tie pattern from Crap I've Made or your own drawing
-small fabric pieces for tie
-Heat n' Bond

Here's what you do:
For awesome, pictoral instructions, I suggest using the link to Crap I've Made. If you're a renegade like me and like to wing it, here are the quick instructions:
1. Cut a tie shape out of fabric and Heat n' Bond. (I cut mine in two pieces, the knot and tie)
2. Following the directions on the Heat n' Bond package, iron it onto the tie material and then iron your tie onto your shirt.
3. Zig-zag stitch around the tie to secure.

Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment