Sunday, May 8, 2011

Five Minute Headband


I love wearing headbands, especially in warm weather. What I do not love? Feeling my pulse behind behind my ears and the headache that follows, or the constant slipping of the band until it flops off the back of my head. Enter: Five Minute Headband. My inspiration came from You Seriously Made That!?! Hers is a 60 second tutorial using ribbon and a glue gun. I had access to Barb so we went legit and used a sewing machine.

Here are directions to make one:
1. Cut a strip of fabric about 3 inches wide and long enough to fit around your head--we made ours smaller than needed, it will stretch with the ponytail holder.
2. Fold the strip in half so it looks inside out and sew along the open side. This creates a tube.
3. Flip the tube to its right side out (Barb has a sweet tool for this. The rest of us have to awkwardly shove the fabric through the opening).
4. Place the ponytail holder by the raw edge of the fabric. Fold the fabric over so it loops around the holder and sew to secure.
5. Repeat on the other side of the fabric.
6. You should end up with a loop of fabric, secured on both ends with a ponytail holder, and you'll have hopefully spent no more than five minutes doing so.

I will be wearing these all summer long!

All my best,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I bought a headband at Christmas and you are right about the headache. Great job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete