Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Season

It's birthday season around here. Between family and friends, the spring months are packed with these annual celebrations. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it together on the gift-giving front.

I usually prefer to present the birthday girl or boy with a thoughtful, sometimes handmade or specially ordered gift on the day of his or her birth or before, just to be safe. No longer. I am slacking in this department, sending gifts nearly a month late. *Had a birthday recently and didn't receive a present from me? Give it a couple weeks.*



Here is a gift I put together for my sister-in-law, a busy mom often looking for meal inspirations. I scoured my cookbook for recipes her family might like and compiled them in a binder. I added pictures to each one, and tried to put together recipes that used like ingredients...you know, for ease in the grocery store. I had this fun paper left over from a previous project, so it was a cost-effective gift, while still being personal.

I love the uniform look, as opposed to the junk drawer of a recipe binder I got going on currently. The book has 14 recipes in it, all main course meals, with more being added daily. If you would like a copy, comment below with your email address and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Before I leave you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mama Pear. You are an amazing woman, and we wish you many more to come!

All my best,
Robin

3 comments:

  1. Robin - you're simply awesome! Love this idea especially but all the posts are so imaginative and interesting. You're doing a great job! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love to have a copy of this :)

    ReplyDelete