Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Barb is creative, not messy.

For those of you just joining us, Barb's posts, always crafty, always fun, always enjoyable, will always be in red. Or they will for now anyway.



I've had this saying hanging on my bulletin board for a long time, waiting for just the right way to use it in my craft room. I picked this wall hanging up on Christmas clearance. At first I thought about putting our last name on it and hanging it above a door, then I thought about that quote I've had hanging up. I glued paper on the inside and used craft paint for the border. Using my Cricut, I used the "Alphalicious" cartridge and cut the words out of orange vinyl. I added some stickers and a little bling to give it some dimension. One must embellish. It looks great above my magnet board (you'll see that soon!) and really sums up my craft room--cause sometimes it's a total mess. The before and after


You didn't think I'd let her post without putting my two cents in, did you? She's right--her room is sometimes a mess. That's what's so great about it--you don't feel bad letting your creative juices flow and adding to the chaos when you craft with Barb.

Even if you don't have a Cricut, you could do this with a word document, some transfer paper, and glue, or make it work your own way. Any kind of wall hanging will you--if you can find a way to glue on to it, you can "upcycle" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment